How to Change GST Login Password: If you want to change your GST Login password for security reason or for any other reason then, through this article you can get the step-wise details to change your GST password. The process to change GST Login password is very easy and you can do this in just a few steps. To check all the steps you will have to follow the below-given steps. If you need any other information then you can also visit the official website or you can contact GST help desk or you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates related to GST changing password procedure. Now, you can check below steps to change your GST password.
- Why is it important to Change GST Login Password?
- How to create a safe & secure GST Login Password?
- Steps to Change GST Login Password
Why is it important to Change GST Login Password?
GST password is the key to login to your GST dashboard. Without GST Password, you can not login GST portal. You will need your GST Login Password every time when you want to pay taxes from GST Portal or for creating invoices. So it is very important for you to keep your GST password safe & secure. The best way for keeping your GST password secure is to change it at a regular interval of time (30 days).
How to create a safe & secure GST Login Password
As we all know that 99% passwords are case sensitive. Which means that you that capitalization of letter counts: for example “MygstPASSWORD” is different from “MYGSTPassword” (neither of these two passwords is secure). Then you will say “how we can create a safe & secure GST Password”? To create a secure and safe GST Password you must keep in mind following things to create a safe and secure password:-
Do’s to create a secure GST Password
- Mixed-Case Password: You should use mixed-case typing in your password. Which means that there should be both CAPTIAL letters as well as small letter in your password
- Use Number in Password: To create a secure password, your password must have a numeric (0-9) character.
- Special Character: Your password should have a special character (! @ $ % ^ &)
- Minumum 6 Character: A secure password must have minimum 6 characters. Ideally, it is recommended to create an 8 character password.
Don’ts to create a secure GST Password
- Common Password: Never create a common password (name, last name, middle name, pet’s name, date of birth) as these type of password can be easily guessed by others.
- “Password” as Password: Never create a password as “password“. There are thousands of people who are doing the same thing. This is the easiest password which any one can guess.
- Sequence of keystrokes: Password like “123456” known as sequence of keystrokes, which is very easy to guess so do not use such password also.
Example of Secure Passwords
- “words” incorrectly spelt: “H8work” is an example of a secure password with “word” incorrectly spelt.
- “strike” keyword randomly: “ht65rfm8” is an example of a random password which is generated by striking keyword randomly.
Steps to Change GST Login Password
Now as you already learnt above about creating a secure password. So now we are moving ahead to describe the steps and procedure to Change GST Login Password. It is very simple to Change GST Login Password and create a secure GST Password. Just follow the simple steps given below to change your GST Password now.
Login GST Portal
To change the GST login password. First, you need to visit the official website of GST and make login to GST Portal.
- First, visit the official website of the GST which is “www.gst.gov.in”.
- Then, click on the “EXISTING USER LOGIN” button (check screenshot).
- The GST Login page will appear where you will need to fill required details (GST username, password and captcha) and then click on “Login” button.
- Now, you will see a welcome page where you will have to click on “Continue” button.
- Once you click “Continue” button, you will be on your dashboard page.
- Once you reach to GST portal dashboard then you will need to navigate to top right-hand corner of the page and then click on the “Change Password” link as shown in the screenshot below.
Change your password
The Change Password page will open. Here, you will have to fill mandatory fields:
- Enter your Old Password that you are using
- Then, type your new password of your choice (Choose a strong & secure password)
- Re-confirm it and then click on “CHANGE PASSWORD” button.
- On successful process, you will see a message that “Password has been successfully changed”. So, in this way you can change your GST password and then login GST portal with your new password.
Contact Details-GST Help Desk
If you have any other query about how to Change GST Login Password then you can also contact GST help desk:
- Help Desk Phone Number: 0124-4688999
- Email ID: email@example.com
Note: This web page is dedicated to the “Change GST Login Password: How to Change GST Login Password”. So, you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates on “Change GST Login Password: How to Change GST Login Password”.