- 1 Why is it important to Change GST Password?
- 2 How to create a safe & secure Password
- 3 Steps to Change
- 4 Contact Details-GST Help Desk
How to Change GST Login Password: If you want to change it for security reason or for any other reason then, through this article you can get the step-wise details to change your it.
The process to change the same to access is very easy and you can do this in just a few steps.
To check all the steps you will have to follow the below given steps.
If you need any other information then you can also visit the official website or you can contact help desk or you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates related to changing procedure of the same.
You can also know about ‘how to change gst user id? or get the details for gst forgot password.
Now, you can check the below steps to change it easily if you are thinking that how to change my gst password.
Why is it important to Change GST Password?
GST forgot username and password?
It is the key to access to your dashboard. Without it, you can not access GST portal.
You will need your access credentials every time when you want to pay taxes from Portal or for creating invoices.
So it is very important for you to keep it completely safe & secure.
The best way to keeping your GST password secure is to change it at a regular interval of time (30 days).
You can change gst username and password both.
Now, if you want to know about the process how to change the username?
Or forgot gst username and password, then you reset or change it in few steps.
How to create a safe & secure Password
As we all know that 99% access credentials are case sensitive. Which means that you that capitalization of letter counts: for example “MygstPASSWORD” is different from “MYGSTPassword” (neither of these two passwords is secure).
hence you will say “how we can create a safe & secure GST access credentials”?
To create a secure and safe GST access credentials, you must keep in mind following things to create a safe and secure access credentials:-
Do’s to create a secure Access
- Mixed-Case: You should use mixed-case typing in your important access credentials. Which means that there should be both CAPTIAL letters as well as small letter in your password
- Use Number: To create a secure and safe access credentials, it must have a numeric (0-9) character.
- Special Character: It should have a special character (! @ $ % ^ &)
- Minumum 6 Character: It must have minimum 6 characters. Ideally, it is recommended to create with an 8 character.
Don’ts to create a secure Access
- Common Password: Never create a common word (name, last name, middle name, pet’s name, date of birth) as these type of letters can be easily guessed by others.
- “Password” as Password: Never create an access credential with this type of option. There are thousands of people who are doing the same thing. This is the easiest words which any one can guess.
- A sequence of keystrokes: does not use it in numbers only like “123456” known as sequence of keystrokes, which is very easy to guess so do not use such password also.
Example of Secure PIN
- “words” incorrectly spelled: “H8work” is an example of a secure pin with “word” incorrectly spelt.
- “strike” keyword randomly: “ht65rfm8” is an example of a random word which is generated by striking keyword randomly.
Steps to Change
Now as you already learnt above about creating a secure pass.
So now we are moving ahead to describe the steps and procedure to Change it.
It is very simple to Change it and create a secure way to GST portal
Just follow the simple steps given below to change it now.
GST Account login Portal
forgot password in gst? OR
To change the GST password.
First, you need to visit the official website of GST and make log in gst Portal.
- First, visit the official website of the GST which is “www.gst.gov.in”
- Then, click on the “EXISTING USER LOGIN” button (check screenshot).
- The taxpayer login page will appear where you will need to fill required details (GST username, captcha etc) and then click on “Login” button.
- Now, you will see a welcome page where you will have to click on “Continue” button.
- Once you click “Continue” button, you will be on your dashboard page.
- Once you reach to the portal dashboard then you will need to navigate to top right-hand corner of the page and then click on the “Change” link as shown in the screenshot below.
TA new page will open. Here, you will have to fill mandatory fields:
- Enter your old one security PIN that you are using.
- Then, type your new one of your choice (Choose a strong & secure)
- Re-confirm it and then click on “CHANGE” button.
- On successful process, you will see a message that “It has been successfully changed”.
- So, in this way you can change it and then login GST portal with your new one.
Contact Details-GST Help Desk
If you have any other query about how to Change process then you can also contact at GST help desk.
- Help Desk Phone Number: 0124-4688999
- Email ID: [email protected]
Note: This web page is dedicated to the “Change GST Password: How to Change process”.
So, you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates on “Change process: How to Change GST access credentials.