GST Registration / Enrollment: How to register online for GST for Existing TaxPayers – Step by Step: All the existing taxpayer need to enrol under GST system through GST portal which is www.gst.gov.in. The taxpayers who are registered under central excise, state sales tax, entry tax, service tax, value added tax/VAT, luxury and entertainment tax etc are required to registered their self at GST official portal which is handled by GSTN (Goods and Services Tax Network).
The main purpose of the GSTN (Goods and Services Tax Network) is to migrating themselves to the GST system. So, all the registered taxpayer under central excise, state sales tax, entry tax, service tax, VAT (value added tax), luxury and entertainment tax are required to provide their details at GST portal. Through this article, I am going to provide you step wise details about GST registration by which you can enrol yourself on GST portal.
Once you provide your details on the GST Login Portal then you will no need to provide your details again and again state or centre government. For stepwise details, you can check below information or you can also visit the official website for other details. If you want to get the latest updates then you can also bookmark this page and visit here again. Now, you can check step wise details of registration process given below.
All the registered taxpayer under any below category will need to do GST registration at GST portal:
- Central excise
- Service tax
- Entry tax
- Luxury tax
- Entertainment tax
Important Dates for GST Registration / Enrollment for your states
Below enrollment schedule is available on the official portal of the GST. We update latest updates time to time.
|State (India)||Start Date||End Date||% Enrolled|
|Daman and Diu||14November2016||55.88%|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||14November2016||58.58%|
|Uttar Pradesh||16 December 2016||66.61%|
|Jammu and Kashmir||16December2016||0.52%|
|Kerala||01 January 2017||55.26%|
|Tamil Nadu||04 January 2017||76.12%|
|Karnataka||01 January 2017||92.44%|
|Telangana||01 January 2017||75.52%|
|Andhra Pradesh||01 January 2017||91.9%|
|Enrollment of Taxpayers who are registered under Central Excise Act but not registered under State VAT||07 January 2017||2.64%|
|Enrollment of Taxpayers who are registered under Service Tax Act but not registered under State VAT||25 January 2017||6.0%|
|New registration under VAT/Service Tax/Central Excise after January 2016||01 February 2017||Not Yet Started|
GST Registration Process
- Visit the GST official website which is “www.gst.gov.in” and click on ‘New User Login’ (if you are a new user) shown below.
- Then tick ‘I agree’ statement and click on ‘Continue’ button to register. You can check the steps to complete provisional Registration.
- Once you click on the “Continue” button, you can check the entire required document there. Keep all the documents ready and click on “Continue” button. You will also need to provide certain important details and also have to upload some documents listed below.
|1. Provisional ID of VAT|
|3. Valid email address|
|4. valid mobile number|
|5. Bank account number|
|6. IFSC documents|
|7. Proof of business in PDF or JPEG format (maximum file size should be 1 MB).|
|9. Proof of appointment|
|10. photograph of the authorized signatories|
|11. Photocopy of|
|12. Bank passbook or a statement of your bank account.|
Imporant Documents Required for GST Registration
- Now, you will need to log in it by using your ‘Provisional ID’ provided by the tax department and password for login. If you do not have your provisional ID, then you can contact the state commercial tax authorities of your circle.
Note: You should also note that the Enrollment process for provisional ID is deferent for existing taxpayer under VAT department and other than VAT department. For more information, you can also check the official pdf or video tutorial available on the official portal of the GST.
- In this online Enrollment process, you will create a new username and password at GST portal.
- You will need to complete 4 steps (Provisional ID verification, OTP verification, New credentials and Security questions).
- Also, You will need to provide a valid email address and mobile number in enrolling process as it is important for future use and for verification.
- You will get an OTP in email as well as on mobile number, enter it and click on ‘Continue’ button.
- After OTP verification, you will need to fill new credentials (new username and password), re-confirm password and click on “Continue” button.
- Now, you will need to complete five security questions and click ‘Submit’ button.
- Then, you will be redirected to the login page where you will see a confirmation message that shows that your username and password has been created successfully. Now, you will need to log in with your username and password.
- You can also go to the home page of GST and click on “Existing User Login” to log into your account.
- Enter username, password and click on Login button.
- Then, you will be to the ‘Welcome Page’ of your account where you will need to click ‘continue’ button.
- Now you will see some options such as ‘Provisional ID Enrollment’ link available on the dashboard that display the Enrollment application. With “My saved application” tab you can check your saved application that you have submitted already and with “Register/ Update DSC” tab you can register your DSC first time or update existing DSC.
“Enrol Application Form-Multiple Tabs”
- Fill, all the required details with available tabs as Business details, Promoters or partners, authorized signatory, principal place of business, Additional place of business, Goods and services, Bank accounts details and Verification. Fill all the required details under these tabs to complete the form and then submit the form.
- Business details: you will need to provide all the required details such as your business name as per PAN and Current Tax Act, your PAN number, State of your business, ward or circle etc. Fill all these details, check filled details carefully, save the form and then click on ‘Continue’ button.
- Owners’ Details: Provide details of promoters or partners of the business and save and click on ‘continue’ button. In case if you are an authorized signatory then select the ‘Authorized signatory’ to provide your details.
- Place of Business: Provide the required details, save and click ‘Continue’ button.
- Goods and Services: Type the ‘HSN’ code of the goods of your business. In case you do not know the code then type the name of the goods available under ‘Search HSN code’ to get the HSN code. Now, Save and continue the process. You will also need to fill some other code also same as guided above.
- Bank Details: Provide your bank details such as account number, type of account and IFSC code. You should also note that for verification you will need to upload the photocopy of your bank passbook.
- Verification tab: After submitting all the required details, you need to verify the above-filled details. You will need to provide your digital signature with DSC (digital signature certificate).
- Finally, submit the form after verification. On ‘Successful Submission’ you will see a confirmation message that will be displayed on your computer screen and within few minutes you will get an acknowledgement. An application receipt or ARN will be sent in your email and you can use it for future use or query.
“Register/ Update DSC (Digital Signature Certificate)”
- Click “Register/ Update DSC” tab.
- Register Digital Signature Certificate page will open.
- To register DSC, you will need to download and install DSC installer from the Register Digital Signature Certificate page from the available link.
- Now, select PAN, tick the box and click on “Proceed” button.
- Navigate and choose the certificate and click the “Sign” button.
- Then, you can check the message that shows that your DSC has been successfully registered.
You can also check below pdf to get more details about GST Registration / Enrollment: How to register online for GST for Existing TaxPayers – Step by Step
If you have any query about GST then you can contact GST help desk:
- Help Desk Phone Number: 0124-4688999
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This web page is dedicated to the “GST Registration – Enrollment” information. So, you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates on “GST Registration”.